Our key message is that policy should drive better GHG outcomes from the use of waste, i.e. favouring Advanced Thermal Technologies and fuel production over conventional EfW.
Our 4 page RTFA response to UK ETS Consultation also
- Supports the Emissions Trading Group with respect to the high-level questions
- Suggests that ETS revenues from aviation could be a potential source of funding for a CfD programme for SAF
- Emphasises the importance of consistency with respect to sustainability across different incentive mechanisms
- Supports the inclusion of conventional EfW
- Says that if and when the UK ETS has been adapted to cater for GGRs, exempt ATT fuel plants should have the option of opting in to the scheme.